Please note you need to sign up at reception to use Patient Access for the first time.
Ordering Your Prescription
How to place an order for a repeat prescription:
- Completing the repeat prescription slip provided with your medication.
- Online Via EMIS Patient Access – Read More
- Providing a legible hand-written list of the items (including dosage, frequency of administration and quantity).
Both the above can be hand-delivered:
- Using the post box in the surgery
- Using the external post box outside of normal surgery hours
Alternatively the completed prescription or hand-written list can be:
- Posted to Merepark Medical Centre, Alsager Health Centre, Sandbach Road South, Alsager, ST7 2LU. Please remember to include a stamped addressed envelope if you require your paper prescription posted back to you.
Occasionally the doctor may request that you book an appointment to discuss your prescription request.
All patients receiving repeat prescriptions will need to be reviewed by a doctor at least annually for monitoring and review of their medication.
Non-urgent advice: Patient Notice
Please allow 48 hours from ordering your repeat prescription to picking up the medication.
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £8.60
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website
How your Pharmacy can help
Pharmacists are experts in medicines who can help you with minor health concerns. Find out how your Pharmacy can help you.